Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Now That it's Summer

It's officially Summertime for me! Here we are on July 1st, the final day of summer school! Driving home today, I was in such a good mood thinking of all the possibilities that summer holds - what'll I do first??

Summer ignites my senses. The smells of summer bring a smile to my face.

Now that it’s Summer
I’ll be Sleepin in,
waking up to the sound of Lawn Mowers.
Stroll out of the bedroom to watch I Love Lucy in the mornings
With a cup of coffee of course.
Getting dressed for an early morning run,
all the while dodging the sprinklers along the way.
Summer afternoons are spent being lazy,
Lounging out by the pool with a good book,
(mmm, the smell of sunscreen!)
All while getting a nice tan,
Or off to a Baseball game,
Tank top, flip flops, and sunglasses.
I’ll get to spend all day planning out the evening meal,
And scratch those plans at the last minute,
The smell of others grilling is too tempting!
So fire up the grill, Hamburgers and Hot Dogs,
Fresh tomatoes on top please!
Chill the watermelon for later,
Or maybe fresh strawberries and crème!
Wash it all down with a cold glass of Lemonade
And relax and enjoy the still warm evenings,
Fireflies wink goodnight, we’ll start again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment