Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

First dream of Aiden

So last night I had my first dream where I actually saw Aiden. He was super cute, and had lots of dark hair. It was a very weird dream though, and I was actually happy to still be pregnant when I woke up. 
First off, we didn't take any pictures at all in the hospital. None. When I got home I realized this and was so upset. THEN everyone was staying in one house with us - Eric's parents, my parents, and Eric's aunt Debi and Uncle Mike. It was a mess - clothes all over the floor - and I was a zombie. The only good thing was that my belly was flatter than ever. It was awesome.  Sunday rolled around - about 2 days after Aiden was born,  and we were getting ready to go to church - as if I would really go to church two days after giving birth. BUT before we left, I realized that I hadn't nursed Aiden at all. Like AT ALL since he was born. I started looking for him, and couldn't find him anywhere!  I was freaking out. I hadn't even heard him cry. Finally we found him - sleeping  soundly under a pile of clothes. 
I took him to my room to nurse him, and ALL the women came to help - my mom, Eric's mom, Eric's aunt Debi. They were all very...hands on. I got Aiden to latch on, laid my head back, and then when I looked back down at him, it was Brinkley nursing on me!!! All the women were gone, and I was freaking. Brinkley was going to town, and did not want to get off. I shoved him off, and he fought me to get back on. 
I got up and went to look for Aiden. I finally found him laying in the bed with Eric - and Brinkley. I picked him up to nurse him, and Brinkley jumped at me trying to get his too!  Then I woke up. 
It was absolutely insane, and I was very happy to wake up. Brinkley was sleeping with me in the recliner at the time, and he has been SUPER CLINGY and cuddly lately. I'm sure that's why he had a big part in the dream. I was glad to get a look at Aiden though. He was very calm and quiet - which a actually freaked me out. I think the thing I was most upset about in the dream though was not taking pictures, so I was so happy to still have that chance. 
But let's just make that time come soon!

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh several times during this--so glad this was only a dream (nightmare) and that the real story soon to unfold will be so much better than this science fiction account. Ha! Maybe it's a sign he's on his way soon--we are sure anxious! And we promise if we come to visit, we'll keep our clothes off the floor....

    ReplyDelete