Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gingerbread Tradition

Why have I not blogged on my break about the holidays? There are so many things, I've decided to blog them separately.

This has been a relaxing Christmas break! Much needed. It started off with a little scare though. Eric and I were enjoying a relaxing day with Brinkley. I was loving taking him outside and letting him play around for as long as he wanted. This was also the day that the Ramirez/Kirksey girls build Gingerbread houses and watch Elf. I was just about to get ready for that, when I noticed Brinkley running around the apartment like crazy and rubbing his face on the carpet. I picked him up, and immediately noticed that his entire face was red and swollen. His eyes were almost swollen shut. I was so scared, I started pacing back and forth with him while Eric searched online for the closest Pet Emergency hospital. Somehow amidst the chaos, I remembered the Children's Benadryl and syringe that the Vet had given us a while back. We squirted that down his throat and Eric called the Vet. Apparently we did the right thing, and they told us to bring him in only if the swelling didn't go down.

It seemed like forever to me, but eventually it did. I was so worried the entire night though, and almost took him with me to Megan's for Gingerbread houses. I got the first taste of what it would feel like to be a mom - and I didn't like it.

Gingerbread house construction easily took my mind off of Brinkley. I love that this family has such a cool tradition between the girls! It was a blast, and our houses turned out much better than last year! I actually took mine home and left it up throughout the holidays! Here are a few pictures of the fun event!


No comments:

Post a Comment