Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Lovin on Brinkley

I had to snuggle a little extra with my sweet Brinkley when I got home today.


As I was leaving school, the teacher in the car in front of me had to stop because a little dog walked right in front of her car, and then around the side to sit in the shade of her car.  When she got out of her car, he jumped in and sat in front of the air conditioning.  I helped her get him out of the way so she could drive off, but then he ran under my car and just sat in the shade - panting so hard.  This little baby looked like Brinkley, except probably hasn't had a haircut in months and looked like he hasn't been bathed either.  I tried carrying him over to the grass, away from my car, but he kept running back under my car to sit in the shade.

I was too worried about him.  He needed shade, and water.  He was obviously overheated - it was 95 degrees outside!  I carried the poor baby up to the school and asked the ladies in the front office for some water for him.  They brought it out, and he drank like he hadn't had water in a week.  I started to walk off (my car was still running in the the school drive), but he tried to follow me.  Poor baby.  The ladies from the front office distracted him so I could get away.

I don't understand some people who own dogs.  Why do you own a dog if you have no plans to take care of it??  There is no reason a dog should be just outside in the heat of the day.  It is waaay too hot.  I don't even take Brinkley for a walk in the summer time until about 7:30 when the sun is down.  I also make sure and keep his hair short in the summer to keep him cool.  It makes me so sad when I see dogs mistreated.  I just don't understand.  I wish I could have just taken him home.  I just might if he shows up again.

For now, I'll just love on my buddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment