Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Week 35 Update, and a Children's Book Themed Shower

I am so bad about blogging on time, but better late than never, I guess.  First things first, here is my week 35 update.  No chalkboard picture this time, but I've got something better - a preggo sisters-in-law picture!




Week: 35
Stretch marks? Nope.
Wedding rings on or off? Still off...my fingers look so chubby!!  I can't even wear my watches now!  My wrists have always been so tiny that I could put my touch my thumb to my pinkie wrapped around my wrists and still have a little room.  Now I can't even touch them!
Best moment this week:
Eric and I took a full day child birthing class two Saturdays ago.  We feel so much more prepared now.  Eric knows how to time my contractions, and exactly when and where to take me when the time comes!  He also learned quite a bit about different coping positions to help me with pain, and how to rub my back to help - he was quite the class clown during all the breathing...I'm sure he'll take it much more seriously when the time comes!
I checked two big things off the list this week - Newborn Photography, and Pediatrician!  It feels so good to check things off!
We also had an awesome shower from Southeast two Sundays ago.  Eric and I are truly blessed to be a part of such a loving congregation.  Sweet Allison did an awesome job coordinating the shower!  The theme was just perfect!  She did a fantastic job getting things together and making it look amazing!  She went with them children's book theme - so me!  I LOVED IT, and my wonderful hostesses all did such a great job decorating.  Here are a few pictures from the shower:
 
Food Table 1

Food Table 2

Here's Mama Rue signing in and putting her address on an envelope.

I love all of the books and book characters - thanks to Stacie VanLoenen for providing them!

Such a pretty cake!

I love this banner that Allison put together!  She is so talented!


All my wonderful hostesses!

So much Love

Holly, Megan, Me, and my Mom

Book themed food!  Cookies for If you Give a Mouse a Cookie, and Blueberry Muffins for Blueberries for Sal.

Meatballs for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and Ham Sandwiches for Green Eggs and Ham

Lemonade for Lemonade for Sale, and fruit for The Very Hungry Caterpillar

A Veggie Tray for The Tale of Peter Rabbit

And look!  The Fruit Tray was made to look like The Very Hungry Caterpillar!  How creative!!

Me and my "helpers".  Jordan helped by handing me presents, and pulling out tissue paper, and Megan wrote down all my gifts for me!
The shower was wonderful, and I am so thankful for such an amazing church family!

Week 35 update continued:

Miss Anything? Just being comfortable...BUT about a week after I posted my rant post about my Sciatica, I woke up and it had magically disappeared!  I have felt SOOOO much better since then.  Food Cravings: Nope.  

Movement:  I love watching him do flips in there!  My belly does the wave several times a day.  His kicks aren't so much kicks anymore. They are more like a sliding motion - like he straightens his leg out and moves it down the inside of my belly.  It always takes me by surprise, and kinda tickles.  I can't help but laugh out loud when he does it!
Belly Button in or out? I don't know how it could pop out any more!
Happy or Moody most of the time?  Happy - now that Summer School is over, and i can just relax at home.  I am getting restless - very anxious for him to be here.  Just trying to relax and nap as much as I can - WHILE I can! 

Looking forward to: Being Full Term in two weeks!


1 comment: