Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Aiden - Month 2

Month two was much like month one...lots of naps with mommy and daddy, hanging out and playing. 

Here is Aiden's Month Two...

In September, Aiden started to be able to hold his head somewhat steady,
and we tested out his Bumbo...

 He started to be able to sit next to daddy on the couch.  
Many nights were spent learning about football on TV and the computer...



Mommy was able to catch some cute sleeping gas smiles...

and some wakeful gas smiles.

Tummy time started to be more tolerable with this handy dandy mirror...

He loves to look at himself in the mirror.

Bath time happened nightly, and helped prepare him for a full night's sleep.  We started a routine of Bath, Nighttime lotion (love that stuff), Book, and Bottle.  He slept through the night from here on out, and mommy and daddy finally lost that permanent eye make-up!
My cutie all wrapped up in his towel:

 The end of month two came way too quickly.  It came with two dreary realizations:
1.  We had to get our 2 month shots...without Daddy.
2. Mommy had to go back to work, and all our sweet afternoon naps were over. :(
Here is Aidie at the doctor's office before his shots...he had no idea what was about to hit him.

And here is our after shots pic.  They knocked him out for the drive home.  He woke up and was in pain and was very fussy at home.  I learned how helpless feels...watching your baby in pain, and knowing you can't do anything to make it go away...WORST. FEELING. EVER.

We were able to recover enough to take our two month pictures. 
 He grew a few inches in September...

And Brinkley started to get a little more curious about his new little buddy.

Here he is for our monkey pic...

I loved every minute being home with my little man.  I had the hardest time getting ready to go back to school, but it turned out to be an easier transition than I thought it would be.  I am very lucky to have found such a good Babysitter.  It really gives me peace of mind knowing he is with someone who gives him the one on one attention that he needs, and who is very knowledgable (16 years of keeping kids!).  She really does a good job with him, and I am so thankful for that.
Being a working mom is tough.  I live for my evenings and my weekends.  Every spare minute with him is important to me, and I give up most everything else to be with him.  I don't even run after school like I thought I would.  All I want to do is be with him.  School is out, and I am racing over to pick him up.  Fridays are the best, knowing we have two whole days to be a family together, and my favorite days are spent just us three. at home. all day long.  Life seems to slow down on those days. And that's just what I need.  For time to stand still.

No comments:

Post a Comment