Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

A few first purchases

I want to document all of the first purchases we make, so I can look back and remember some of Aiden's firsts. First off, a couple of weeks ago, Aiden got his first outfit and shoes from his Lolly (Holly, Eric's mom), and also a pair of shoes from his Uncle Joel!
A little Texas onesie from Lolly.
The little onesie will look so cute with these little Texas shoes from Uncle Joel!  They will definitely have to get a picture together in their Texas gear!
Of course any son of Eric's needs his own pair of Golf shoes!  These sweet ones are from Lolly. 

Since Eric's outta town this weekend, I went a little crazy buying some baby stuff myself...not anything major. We are obviously waiting until after showers for most things other than furniture, but I couldn't resist a sweet little outfit that I saw at Carter's the first time we went after we found out the gender.  Carter's has some of the sweetest little crab outfits that say "pinch me".  I love them.  I had to go back and buy this one:


The little long sleeve one piece says "pinch me".  So sweet!  Because I will be doing a lot of just that!  And now I'm done buying clothes until after showers.  :)

I also bought Aiden his first set of books this weekend.  I bought some board books, and some of my favorite pictures books that I could find at Half Price Books and with Bonus Points from Scholastic.  Here's the beginnings of Aiden's library:

Board Book.  I love Skippy Jon Jones!  Found it at Half Price Books.
Another Skippy Jon Jones Board Book.   Found it at Half Price Books.
A sweet Puppy counting board book.  Half Price Books.

Anything with Dogs!
Another sweet Dog book.  Board book.  I love the Dinosaur books!
This was a cute Dog book I found at Half Price Books.

A favorite I found at Half Price Books.  

A MUST have Board Book.
Ordered this board book set on Scholastic.

 I also found some of my favorite picture book series at Half Price Books and online with Scholastic.  I love the rhythm and rhyme in these books.  It makes them so fun to read aloud, and for kiddos to read along with you.  These are the ones I found:

Found this one at Half Price Books.
Probably my favorite.  Ordered with Bonus Points from Scholastic.
Scholastic!
Scholastic!
Another cute one.  Found at Half Price Books.

Any son of Eric's will play golf, but any son of mine will read, and LOVE it!  I can't wait to read these to Aiden, and watch him respond to the rhyme and repetition, and eventually read along with me!

1 comment:

  1. Little Aiden is lucky to have a mama who will love to read to him, and a daddy too, of course!

    ReplyDelete