Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Yummy Yummy Fish Tacos

I made THE BEST Fish Tacos last night.  Seriously.  Even Eric agreed.  I have been craving Fish Tacos pretty much this whole pregnancy, but can't get them when I want because I'd be spending $15 a plate at Fish City Grill every time.

SO I searched Pinterest for some good Fish Taco Recipes, and ended up putting THREE recipes together to make my Fish Tacos.  This is for me to have it all in one place and not have to flip between three different websites.

I made my fish from this recipe.
I made the Mango Salsa from this recipe.
And I made the YUMMY sauce from this recipe.

The product was AMAZING.  I'm drooling just thinking about it.  Here's the recipe for the Fish Tacos I made.

Fish Tacos

Ingredients for the Fish:
1 pound tilapia filets
2 T Olive Oil
3 T Paprika
1 t salt
1 T Onion powder
1 t Black Pepper
1/2 t Cayenne Pepper
1 t Thyme
1 t Oregano
1/2 t Garlic Powder

Mango Salsa:
1 Mango, Peeled and cubed
1 Avocado, cubed
1/2 Red onion, Finely Chopped (I didn't use this, but I bet it would be good - if i liked onions)
Juice of 1 Lime
Chopped fresh Cilantro
Salt and Black Pepper

Sauce:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 lime, cut in half
1/2 t Cumin
1/2 t Ground Coriander
1/2 t Dill Weed
1/2 t Dried Oregano
1/4 t Chili Powder
1 T fresh chopped Cilantro

Other Ingredients:
Flour Tortillas (I don't do corn - yuck!)
Shredded Lettuce or Cabbage

Instructions:

  1. Start with gathering the ingredients for the sauce, so it can chill.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream and mayonnaise.
  3. Squeeze in the lime juice from one half of the lime, and mix.  You will want the consistency of a pourable, creamy salad dressing, so if it's still too thick, add the juice from the second half of the lime.
  4. Add in all of the spices, and mix thoroughly.  Add the cilantro, and mix.
  5. Cover the bowl, and refrigerate - the longer the better.
  6. Gather the ingredients for the mango Salsa.
  7. Mix the Mango, Avocado, Onion(if desired), and the juice of 1 lime in a bowl.  
  8. Season with Cilantro, Salt, and pepper.  Refrigerate.
  9. Gather ingredients for the Fish.
  10. Preheat oven to 425.
  11. Combine the spices in a small bowl.
  12. Line a sheet pan with foil and add 2 T Olive Oil.  Brush it over the foils in any area where the fish will be.
  13. Rinse and pat dry the fish.  
  14. Place on the pan and brush with olive oil.
  15. Cover the fillets with the spice mix, and rub it in (both sides).
  16. Give the fish a light spray of PAM, and place in the preheated oven.
  17. Cook until nicely brown and flaky - about 10-11 minutes for big fillets, and a minute or two less for small to medium fillets.
  18. While the fish cooks, warm Tortillas on a skillet.
  19. Make your tacos as you wish.  I like to spread the sauce onto my tortilla first, then cut my fish fillet in half and put half in my tortilla, then the mango salsa, and finally a little shredded lettuce.  Roll it up, and enjoy! Mmmmmm!  


I got two fish tacos out of one fillet.  Also, apparently peaches and pineapples are good substitutes for the Mangos if there are no fresh Mangos at the store.  Good to know.
I wish I had taken a picture of this yummy goodness, but my hands were dripping with the delicious juices.  Maybe next time.


1 comment: