Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

If you haven't loved a dog...

Eric and I didn't sleep much last night...granted this is his busy season, and he doesn't get home until late.  Last night I think Brinkley had just had enoughof it (it's only been a week - YIKES!).  Brinkley has really been missing Eric this week - he loves him so much - probably because he doesn't see him as much as me, but normally when Eric gets home, he plays with Brinks, changes, and then plays a little more before watching TV.  Since Eric doesn't get home until late, Brinkley and I are usually always in bed, and he just gets ready and hops in bed right when he gets home.  Brinkley went to sleep pretty soon after Eric would get home this week, but last night he kept growling, grunting and whining.  We got up to see if he needed to go out - nope, he just wanted to play.  He's done this before and we just ignore him, and eventually he gives up and hops in bed.  After about 5 straight minutes of nonstop growling, Eric got up and noticed he didn't have his bone.  Once Eric got it, Brinkley was happy - just needed his bone.  Of course.  He always chews his bone before going to bed.  This time it only lasted a few minutes and he was back to growling until Eric snapped at him, afterwhich he jumped right up into bed and curled up next to Eric and let out a loud huff - he does this a lot.  Eric and I just laughed and went to sleep.

This little guy brings so much joy to my life - you have no idea.  

He makes me laugh - all the time.  I love how he has a very distinct personality.  When he was whining, grunting and groaning last night, I was putting words in his mouth that I imagined he'd say if he could - I do this a lot.  For instance, last night he was saying "DADDY! DADDY! You're home let's play!  I'll get my bunny!  Wait, what?  You're going to bed? I don't wanna go to bed.  DAD? DAD? DAD! I wanna play NOW!!  please? daddy? hmph."  In a nutshell.
Here are just a FEW things I absolutely love about Brinkley, and I am going to let Pinterest help me out.

First off, I love how mischievous he is - ironically.  He's so funny, especially when he gets caught.  His face says it all - "What? ME? Nah, I wasn't chewing on your socks see, I'm just pushin it with my nose.  See?"
There have been a few times he got himself into trouble from licking and biting himself that he had to get a cone - this was hilarious.  I could definitely see him picking a few choice words for me then!

(Picture via pinterest)

I love how sweet he looks when he lays like this - PRECIOUS.
(picture from pinterest - here).

Love how he runs to meet Eric when he comes home - flying puppies! 

I love how he is perfectly content curled up next to me, sitting in my lap, or laying looking up at me like this cutie - "hi!"

I love how he responds to me talking to him by cocking his head as if to say - "What ever do you mean?"

I love how funny he looks after a bath, and how crazy he goes afterwards trying to get dried off!  He literally looks just like this - little rat.

And I absolutely melt when he gets scared during a thunderstorm and runs to me or follows Eric around because he's afraid he's gonna leave again.  This is perhaps my favorite puppy related pin on pinterest.  I can so hear this dog saying this.  I laughed out loud when I saw this - here.

I always know that when I've had a rough day, Brinkley's gonna be there to snuggle up next to me and make me feel better.  It's crazy how on those days he's perfectly ok with not playing, and perfectly content with just sitting with me.

Brinkley really and truly is Man's Best Friend.  He can drive us crazy sometimes, but we can't ever stay angry at him for long.  He always has a way of making us laugh through our frustrations, and he's always taking care of us.  I cannot wait to have a little boy so that Brinkley can cuddle up next to him and make him feel better, and show him how to love and be carefree.

This one couldn't be more true, and I love the thought of Brinkley showering our own little bitty with love and kisses!

People who say they aren't dog people honestly have just never felt the love of a dog, which is so rewarding, and I feel sorry for those who have not had this feeling!

1 comment: