Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

A Texans sighting

I fully intended to post a short post about the Texans loss today.  I had been putting it off today because I really didn't want to relive the sadness.  Who wants to read a sad blog post??  Well, you're in luck, because I now have a little bit of happiness to add to this post.  So first things first - We enjoyed watching the Texans game at Buffalo Wild Wings - this time with family.

It really is a blast to watch a game with tons of screaming fans around you.  It was, however thoroughly disappointing to watch that win get handed - gift wrapped to the Ravens.  Better Luck next year I guess.  I still love my Texans.


 Eric, Trent, and Joel - We had to stand in line at Buffalo Wild Wings to get a table.  There were actually people walking up and asking what was going on today.  Wow.


 We had a lot of fun - As you can see, we still have not purchased jerseys.  We've decided it's best to wait until next season to be sure no one we choose gets traded.


And now for the happy news.  I was grocery shopping at HEB today, and as I turned down the produce isle - guess who was coming towards me?!  J.J. Watt, who after the past two games just might be tied with Brian Cushing for my favorite player!  He's awesome! That's two Houston pro athletes we've seen at our HEB!  We've seen the Astros' Humberto Quintero twice now - once at Kroger, and once at HEB! Looks like Shadow Creek Ranch is the place to be!!  :)



And here we are in the produce section.  Yes, the picture is quite blurry.  You see, when I turned the corner and saw him, he had his phone out with his grocery list, and so did I (I know, how cool).  I quickly fumbled to find my camera app, and by the time I got it up (I figured it looked like I was still checking my list) my hands were shaking so bad - hence the blurry picture.  I also almost ran my cart into his as you can see.  I passed him a few more times in the store.  I'm assuming that's his little bro he's with.  He's a healthy eater (DUH) - he covered the perimeter of the store, and actually took a while.  


After I passed him here, I so wanted to turn around and tell him how great a job he did this season, and ask for a picture, but I didn't want to look like an annoying groupie!  I did see some people throughout the store asking for his autograph, and when I passed him again in the dairy section, I'm pretty certain he was checking down an isle before going down to be sure there weren't too many crazy fans there.  Just guessing, since I heard his brother grunt about how hard this was.  I was so nervous the whole time - I ended up buying things I didn't even need!  I'm such a schoolgirl!  
I am still kinda wishing I'd asked for a picture with him.  Maybe I'll make Mondays my HEB day - maybe its his!  Then again, that's got to be annoying to not be able to get your shopping done quickly.  But then again, he was wearing his Texans gear, so maybe he wanted to be stopped.  What do you think??

2 comments:

  1. I just wish I could have been there to see you doing all this!! I am thinking that would have been a pretty good show!! :-) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete