Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Class T-Shirt Design Idea

Today I sat down in the office to do some curriculum writing, and ended up
designing my class t-shirt  for this year.  I get side tracked easily, and besides, I'm super excited about this coming up year.
Next school year I will be teaching one class Reading, Writing and Social Studies, and for the second half of the day I will be coaching - teachers, not PE, as my brother-in-law thought. :)
I am so excited about this, because this is the direction I have always wanted to go with my career ever since i got my Masters in Reading!  I would really love to be doing it full time, but it is nice to still be in the classroom - I think I'd miss it.
Many schools have two PFs(Peer Facilitators) - A Reading Coach and a Math Coach.  My school only has one, so in order for both coaching duties to be filled, my sweet friend and PF, Erica and I will be sharing duties.  She will be teaching the Math class while I'm coaching, and I'll be teaching Language Arts while she is coaching.  I am so excited about this opportunity!!  Erica is awesome, and I know we will work well together.
I began to think as we were planning for next year - My class will no longer be "Mrs. Ramirez's Rockets", They have two teachers now - two homeroom teachers.  Hmmm...Erica's class used to be "Mrs. Moreno's Monkeys" so merge the two together - I thought:


Ramirez and Moreno's Rowdy Monkeys?


Ramirez and Moreno's Reading Monkeys?


Why not use both of our Mascots?  Ramirez and Moreno's Rocketing Monkeys!

I began to google images of Monkeys on a Rocket, thinking it would be a hopeless cause...Who creates pictures of monkeys on Rockets??
Well Apparently This Lady does.  Lots of them.


 She must have a thing for monkeys.  Her blog is full of monkeys - on cars, rockets, scooters, etc.  And sooo cute!  Rather than using her image though, I put a piece of paper up to my laptop screen and traced it. That way I could add my own colors and design.
I also printed out our names in a cute font that I got from www. flamingtext.com.  I love this site and use it a lot to find cute fonts for things in my classroom.  You just copy and paste it into your word document.  Here's the print:


Then I traced the rocketing monkey into the background and colored it:


Isn't he cute??  So, I'll hafta check with Erica and see what she thinks about it, and then we can take it to the Printers!  Such fun combining mascots!  Hmm...what else could we do???

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited and proud for you and for your school! You are going to be so awesome at Coaching and the students are the ones who will benefit. And won't Kenny be proud????? I would love to hear how things are going. And yes, the T-shirt looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete