Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pinterest Recipe #1

I tried out my first recipe from my Pinterest Favorite Recipes board today!  I had to make this my first recipe to try since it was my first pin to my recipe board.  I got up this morning and made these cute little Bacon and Egg cups!


Don't they look delicious?!  It's a combination of everything you want in a bacon and egg combo put together.  The toasted bread is there at the bottom, the bacon, the sunny side up eggs - the best way to eat them - and the cheese!  YUMM!  The best part is that it was super easy to make!  You can get to the recipe by clicking on the picture on my pinterest board, but I did it a little bit different.  The recipe says to put them in a muffin tin, but I thought that was a little small, and I used my soufflé dishes instead.
First, You use a cup or round cookie cutter to cut bread into round pieces.


Grease the soufflé dishes, and put the bread rounds in.


  Put it in the oven to toast at 350.  Meanwhile, cook the bacon halfway - about 2 minutes - you don't want it crispy.  Take the bread out of the oven, and layer two pieces of bacon around the bread and on top.  The recipe isn't very clear how to do this.  I cut small pieces to put on top of the bread, and wrapped 1 1/2 pieces around it.  It's a little tough when the bacon is curly, and you have to be careful putting it around so that you don't burn yourself.   It should look somewhat like this:


Crack the egg on top, and put it back in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the egg is cooked.  Add Salt and Pepper, Sprinkle cheese on top and put back in the oven for about 1 minute.  It will look somewhat like this before adding cheese:


They are really easy to pull out of the dishes when they are done.  I just used two forks to pull it out.  And it looked like this:


Top View:


They were soooo good!  Eric approved, but wanted to add his Cholula:


He says it adds some good spice to it.  He always adds this to his eggs.  Weird.  I don't like it, but if you like spice, you may like it.


So there you go, my first recipe I found on Pinterest was a success.  Hmm, which to try next??






1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I bet Eric was in heaven--especially with his hot sauce garnish. Looking forward to Friday night and learning more about Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete