Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

First projects in the new home - Earring Holder Frame

I've always needed somehting to hold all my Earrings so I'm not searching through them all every morning, but I really didn't want OR have room for a big ole jewelry box, so for a while, my earrings sat in a brighton box hiding behind a frame on my vanity.  I thought I'd hafta live with that - until I saw this at little big nest.




PERFECT!  I had to do it, but I wanted to wait until I found a good deal on a frame, and a cute one at that.  The wonderful thing is that Hobby Lobby puts everything in their store on Half Off at some point in time, and at this particular time, that had a whole aisle of frames they had marked down AND put on half off!  I got my gorgeous silver frame for $5!
Next was to find the chicken wire.  Little Big Nest got her's left over from her brother.  I have no such resources, and I looked at Ace Hardware, and would've had to buy a whole roll! NO THANKYOU.   Hobby Lobby saved me again.  They had wire mesh in their art section for $5.  
To make this, I used a staple gun and stapled the wire mesh to the back of the frame.  I like it without the fabric, so I was ready to hang it!  However, when I hung it, I realized that with the wire flesh to the back of the frame, the earrings had nowhere to go.  I was gonna rip it all off and start over, but my Dad had the idea to staple cardboard to the back.  It worked!
The other problem I had was that the holes in the wire mesh are too small for earring backs to go through, but my mom solved that problem for me.  I'll still use my brighton can, but now it will hold earring backs and stud earrings. 
So here it my finished product:





1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea--it turned out really cute. You should go into business!

    ReplyDelete