Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Pinterest

Ok, it's time to let you in on what I've been up to all week.  And I mean literally all week.  I only took a break to sew some pillows - post coming soon.  Through all of my avid reading of the wonderful blogs I follow, I discovered Pinterest.  Oh, where have you been all my life?!  Pinterest is a place where you can organize things that you like, want, things that define you, and share with others.  It's kinda like a big design board, which is perfect for me, because all summer if I saw something I liked or wanted to make on a blog, I would do the good 'ole copy and paste into a word document, or worse, load up my bookmarks with the links.  Pinterest is a way to keep all of those things in one place, AND a way to find more!
When you get onto Pinterest (which you should so do), it will ask about your interests, and then automatically make you follow a select few with the same, plus your facebook friends who are on it.  Then you can see everything they pin, and repin it if you want!
I do have to warn you, it is ADDICTING!  I can't stop!! Maybe I need to set a Pinterest Timer!
I have also discovered through pinterest, Polyvore.  This is a for real place for style design boards that you can save and publish - fashion design boards.
So now, I will share with you a favorite from each of my Pinterest boards - you can make as many boards as you like.  I have 12...so far. :)

1. Books Worth Reading - This is where I put books I want to read.  One I've heard so much good about is Crazy Love.

2. My Style - This is quite possibly my favorite at the moment, but I just wish i could have all the outfits I put on here!  This is where I post the outfits I put together on Polyvore.  Here is a favorite:

3. For the Home - This board is where I keep all of those creative ideas I find on blogs, things I want to make, and brilliant ideas.  I especially like this brilliant idea: Prepaid date nights.  So much needed!


4. Wall Art - I have gotten so much into typography, and once I get photoshop, I'm gonna make my own.  I love the idea of having encouraging words and thoughts hanging all over the house.  What a great way to encourage kids AND promote literacy.  Here is one I love:  Family Rules:


5. Favorite Recipes - Now this is definitely a favorite, but for some reason most of my pins on here are sweets.  hmmm...  Well I hafta share two:  Bacon and Egg cups - Brilliant. Red Velvet Cheesecake brownies - YUMM!



6.  Craft Ideas/DIY - Another Favorite.  My favorite on this board is the Scrabble Coasters!  So cool!


7. Wish List:  I only have two things on here, one of which is a silhouette!  I could make such creative things!


8. Baby Girl Room - Ok don't get any ideas...a girl's just gotta plan ahead.  This little item gave me the idea for a girl's room - I want a tree on the wall and this little bird mobile:


9. Baby Boy Room - Again, no ideas.  I want to incorporate Brinkley's silhouette in this room.  Our little boy is going to LOVE his Brinkley!  I don't like this room, but the silhouette on the wall gave me the idea.


10. For the Classroom:  I follow a number of Teacher Blogs through my other blog - laughing my way through teaching, and I pin ideas from there like this one.  I hate my ugly file cabinet.  What a great way to dress it up!


11.  Classic Style - This is where I pin favorites from my favorite classics, like CARY GRANT (ahhhhh!).  Now who wouldn't melt for this:


12.  Things that get my emotions:  And last, I will leave you with a dose of cuteness.  This is so Brinkley!  Go ahead - Out loud - "AWWWWW!"


Thanks for looking through my Pinterest interests (hehe).  Now it's your turn!  Follow me on Pinterest!  Just click the button to the left!  











2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    I've played around with Polyvore before but never Pinterest, but I think I would like it. With Megan in town, can we perhaps have a girls night where you show us how you like to use it and any tricks you've learned???

    Debi

    ReplyDelete